Monday, June 23, 2008

Consequences

Throughout my short life i have learned the hard way that all actions have a consequence, whether it be good or bad. For example when i was 10 i climbed a tether ball pole and became stuck on the hook that holds the ball when it is not in play. My pants got hooked on the hook and when i tried to get down it ripped my pants clear to the crotch. My kindly, old, German principal was the one to eventually lift m down when my teacher realized that i hadn't come in from recess. I then had to walk through the school to get to the nurses office where the phone was located, simultaneoulsy flashing my pocahontas panties that had been a hand-me-down from Emile. That was the consequence of climbing the tether ball pole. Another consequence of that seemingly simple action is that this story gets told regularly at family gatherings, to my obvious embarrasment and to the delight of my father who tells the story like he was there, which, by the way, he wasn't!

6 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds like I missed a good FHE in the Meppen Haus! Hey, we've all got those stories. I usually try to change the subject to one of Emile's. Dad pretends not to be embarrassed, but he's got some too, if you know where to look.

Birches said...

I'm sure you could call and ask my Mom. She's sure to have a few good stories. For instance, ask your dad if he ever wished his name was Bruce.

Aaron

Molly said...

Should we have Aaron ask dad about his mom, H.A.?

Birches said...

Oh, the H.A. story is one of my favorite. I remember reading through one of my Mom's old year books and asking, "Why did this girl call you H.A.?" I even wrote a short narrative on it in junior-high.

Aaron

Birches said...

By the way, I remember, Emile's Pocahontas phase. We all got to watch the Pocahontas stage version when we visited you guys in Georgia. I've never seen the movie, and now I never have to!

Aaron

mightymuffin said...

Not everyone has embarassing stories..